This is what I found on ABC15.COM:
PHOENIX, Ariz. — The 2020 Census offers not only a look at the country but a potential moneymaker for scammers. They are already at it, as the Census recruits the thousands of staff members needed to go door to door.
They’re posting online or social media claiming to be a part of the Census, but asking you to pay to apply or for training.
Federal agencies will never charge application fees and you’d get the training and equipment you need from the agency.
Here are some helpful tips:
- You can visit the Census website to apply: Census.Gov
- The Census will begin in March
- You get a letter by mail, or by hand-delivery which will ask you to complete the survey online, by phone or by mail
- The return address should be from Jeffersonville, Indiana, where the Census’s processing center is located
- If you don’t complete the Census by May, someone could come to your door, but they will have a valid Census Bureau ID badge.
- Census workers will NOT ask for your full Social Security Number
- Census workers will NOT ask for payment of any kind including bank account or credit card information
- Visit the Census Website HERE for more information
- You may also contact your regional office HERE
Information provided by ABC15.COM.
Leave your comments below.